Thursday, August 14, 2008

Darn Those Olympics

The Olympics are killing me.

You see, I have a sickness. Once I start something, whether it's a book, a movie or a dinner, I MUST finish it.

So, I drag myself home from teaching teachers all day when school doesn't even start until next week with more meetings that I can't wait to attend AND waiting for Nik's practice or games to be over so it's really late, I flip on the tube and immerse myself in USA pride, gold medal glitter and talented individuals that make me feel inadequate on so many levels. Good times.

And by the time I realize what I've done, what trap I've not only allowed myself to get into but actually created myself, it's too late.

Do you know what time the Olympics go off? Nope. Not midnight. NEVER! They are ALWAYS on some channel and I've got 'em all.

Softball at midnight. Boxing in the afternoon. Recaps of everything all the time.

I'm sleepy, but I can't sleep. Michael Phelps might win another gold and frankly, I want to be a part of that history. It's vicarious living that's getting me through the days right now.

2 comments:

  1. So that's what happened to you! Doesn't it make you feel like they just might not win if you don't personally cheer them on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel personally responsible! In fact, when the 4X100 relay against the French was nearing the end, Stephen and I both jumped up and pushed the water with our hands as we urged the US on to victory. Yep, that was us!

    ReplyDelete