Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Warning...Open Heart Below!

So, I don't blog nearly enough. Oh, I have lots to say, but I feel inadequate when I don't have pictures like everybody else. Like in junior high...when I didn't have the coolest jeans because I was so skinny my mom had to put darts in my pants and they were still highwaters. Or in high school when I didn't have, well, boobs. (Note: that problem is solved).


I also have a really hard time but Just Say Julie says I make Lemonade out of Lemons so I must have something going for me. Because Just Say Jule says so. I'd do what she said to do with it but I can't figure out how.

So, anyway, this speaks to one of my biggest struggles...believing I'm "good enough" for... whatever. I suppose many people who know me are surprised to find that out, but it's ever so true. Part of it is perfectionism and part of it are esteem issues that most people deal with.

How do I battle it? My friends are my support system. My Honey is priceless. My Pumpkin is living proof that I did something right. And my God...he sent his Son to save me because I at once was good enough for him to want me and not good enough to do it on my own.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! What is this four posts in two days?! You are awesome girlie. You are fantastic and need to frame your "most improved" or "biggest change" or whatever award you won at your HS reunion. You know, the one where you actually looked younger and better than everyone else in your graduating class and no one recognized you? That is impressive little lady.

    ReplyDelete