Sunday, January 25, 2009

I'm BAAAAACK!

Lookie here. I am still around. Barely. But I'm back with a vegeance! New year, new motivation, new me.
I have decided this post is going to be one heck of a post and I'm resolved to be a better blogger! Please hold me accountable.

So here goes.

First, let's catch up. My last post was in November. Isn't that a shame? Well, since then, I've had quite a life. In November, Nikki went to visit her dad and Stephen and I had Keri and Jason over for lunch. Food for TWELVE and FOUR of us dining. More on that later. We stuffed ourselves with stuffing and had turkey and ham. That's a must with me.
December flew by with taking my kids to the International Student Congress competition. We took home some bling...top Presiding Officer, Best Costume country AND individual. Ah, I love to get bling.
Nikki went to her dad's for the whole holiday (am I not the most generous ex?) and Stephen and I headed out to Ruidoso, New Mexico, via Lubbock. We stayed in a beautiful B&B lodge that is now a must visit again.


Here we are heading out on day one...first stop, Braum's for breakfast!


And, of course, I let Honey drive while I enjoy a great book. This is one of the Private series Pumpkin is reading.






The Black Bear Lodge is a great place to go. It's exclusively for couples...NO KIDS! The living area is great for sitting in front of the fire sipping freshly brewed coffee and nibbling on freshly-baked cookies.
There are four rooms and each is absolutely huge and cozy
at the same time with a jacuzzi tub and gas heater that makes a relaxing hissing sound making the room toasty.






It was COLD! It didn't snow while we were there, but we went up the mountain to Ski Apache and there was some snow there. We didn't ski, but we did drink hot cocoa on the terrace of the lodge...close enough!




On the way back, we stopped in Roswell, NM, and I found someone to make Honey jealous! Hee Hee









Next Post...not New Year's Resolutions...just what I'm going to do differently this year. Last year was "Feeling Great in 08" and this year is "Looking Fine in 09" so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Always love to find a good B&B. That sounds like a place for me on one of our family reunion trips. You know, when I need to get away from the fam :)

    ReplyDelete