Sunday, January 25, 2009

Looking Fine in 09

I have decided that this year will be about feeling and looking fine (last year was Feeling/Looking Great in 08) so I am going to focus on the inside and outside and it begins with

MY Wii and Wii Fit!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's MINE! All MINE!!!! My Honey searched high and low and bought one of the first ones that hit the city after Christmas. I heart my Wii and Wii Fit! By the time we go on vacation this summer, I should be looking great! Hey, I can dream! And who knew I'd love yoga? I sleep better and feel better. Wow!

I have once again cut out as must sugar as possible. Splenda is my best friend. I have also found ONE diet soda that I can tolerate...even like if I forget it's diet...Diet Barq's Root Beer. Yum!


I did a two-week detox that pretty much worked like a brillo pad on my insides. I must have had a ton of junk plastering my insides because I KNOW I wasn't eating THAT much.
  • I need a creative outlet so I'm pledging to blog three times a week. I will warn you that one blog will be about something on my heart as my faith is an incredibly huge part of who I am and I've neglected that part of me having an outlet for far too long.
  • I am going to devote one night a week to have a devotional time with the Pumpkin. I've only got two plus years left with her before college and I'm storing up the memories now.
  • I will do something with "my girls" once a month. February will be Ladies Night at Quiggly's Clay House. There is a softball game, but my friends have convinced me I won't die if I miss one.
  • I will do something spoiling for my Honey once a week...foot rub, special dessert, whatever. He is amazing and supportive of me and my career (yes, teachers can have "careers") which is changing and challenging all the time...just one reason I don't get to blog enough.
  • I will finish one chapter a month on the book I've been writing for longer than I'm willing to admit.

Hold me to it guys. I'm counting on you.

And for those of you keeping up with the Pumpkin's love life...the four-month "relationship" came to an end when she chose her integrity...not easy for someone her age. I am so proud of her. She so seldom bends to peer pressure and she is so comfortable in her skin most of the time. I wish I'd been like that.

Til next time!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a perfect plan for you! Isn't the wii fabulous? I don't use mine near enough, but Crossfit is taking up the slack.

    I know it's hard for you to miss a game, but the world will go on turning :) And glad to see you survived the detox. I do not envy you that one!

    ReplyDelete