Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Own Version of Freecycle

I love clothes...and shoes. But not just any clothes...really nice clothes ON SALE! You see, it's all a game with me. (Yes, I'm a little competitive.) Here's how it works. If I pay full price, "they" win. For every portion of a discount I get, I "get" more "points" and no they aren't real and you can't redeem them at any store that I know of. It's just a great feeling of satisfaction. I love that tickly feeling in my stomach as I realize there's an extra 10% off the redlines...or today is half off of half day...or coupon weekend at New York and Company.

I also have clothes I can't seem to part with. Now, let me say that I am not the same size I was just a few years ago. So, I have a collection of suits from Dillard's that I bought for at least 75% off...because I could...and they are mostly 1's and 3's. I am NOT a 1 nor a 3!

What to do. What to do.

So, I take 8 of them up to the school and the girls on my team played dress up and went home with new clothes for the upcoming national qualifier. I loved the look on their faces. They didn't even think it was geeky to like my old suit which are all in perfect condition, by the way.

Now that there's a little space in my closet...

1 comment:

  1. How much fun was that? I remember one judge -- stupid Cado Mag-- that would dock speak points if a girl wasn't wearing a skirt. It was so hard to find clothes for tourneys. Way to go coach!

    ReplyDelete