Thursday, July 24, 2008

The End of Summer School

I can't believe it's finally here. Summer school is over. We give the exams to the non-exempts tomorrow and then it's over. But not really.

Then we have to haul a truckload of materials and supplies back to our high school and haul them into our rooms. I've already informed Nik that she's getting up to help. In the 100+ degree heat, it should be good times.

Then we will drag ourselves home and hope for a short nap of exhaustion. Funny thing about those kinds of naps. You never feel refreshed after them. Nope. You just feel like another nap.

And a kid actually told me today that it was "not my job" to call his father when he didn't show up. Are you kidding me? Not my job? So, when I don't call, I'm wrong. Thank you, oh thou wise teen. I am so glad you are enlightened enough to know MY JOB! Hmmm. I guess no one would have called if he'd been in class.

Ah, but I digress.

3 comments:

  1. Is it sad that I took my nap at 8:30 this morning? Blah weather just makes me sleepy. Yay for summer school being over! Now you can take that boat out for a spin to reward yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, no. Nik has tournament this weekend, nats next week, vball team camp next week and then tryouts with two-a-days the following week. Oh, and I have meetings out the gazoo. Blah! I am starting to imagine naps at 8:30. Think of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should try the Monica Needs game. See my blog. I'm still crying from laughter...

    ReplyDelete