Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Speaking of....Daughters

My daughter has a boyfriend and I turned the Big 40 all in one summer. Could there be a crueler combination? I think not.

Now, don't get me wrong. She's 15 so I guess she's old enough to have one of those. And he seems to be a sweetheart (but I'm not holding my breath). But she's still my baby.




And I've known all my life that eventually I'd turn 40, but there's just something about it that I don't like.

I think it's the fact that my eye doctor also told me, with a smirk, that my eyes were aging so he'd adjust my contacts so I wouldn't have to hold things so far away from my face to see them. And at my yearly my doctor suggested I buy stock in Premarin and Tylenol PM. The bottoms of my feet have no padding left...it's all gone to my hips. Need I say more?

I guess I should be thankful. My hubby will ALWAYS be WAY older than I am! HA! I win!

Now, I'll just grab my walker and scoot into the kitchen for sugarfree jello and pudding. Yum!

3 comments:

  1. So when I'm wallowing in self loathing, I can just be thankful I'm not as old as you :) Did hubby relax on the boyfirend issue? It was so much easier to let the hired help do the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, he relaxed a little. Still thinks it's silly, but how else is she going to learn? She ADORES him. Usually by now (not that it's happened often) she's done with them....ADHD attention span, I suppose. Not this one. They've already talked homecoming.

    Yep, it's sometimes easier to hire out. I think I'm going to invest in ear plugs. And I've learned to invent errands all those days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... Homecoming talk already.. you must blog me through this relationship :) I will be sharing some of my horror stories form the day after I chill-lax a little from the prison break :)

    ReplyDelete