Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Failed a Test?????

For those of you who know me, this must come as a shock. Not because I'm some super brain, but because I'm a perfectionistic nerd.

But let me explain. Our school had a blood drive. For the first time in my life, I am healthy enough, I weigh enough (that's also another blog) and I am brave enough. Brave means I had students come in and guilt me into it.

You see, I have very small veins and when I have my blood drawn every year, the poor little girl has to find some children's needle before I become a human pin cushion. It always happens. I try to warn them, but they always give me that "I am the medical professional and you are just the hysterical patient" look. You know the one.

Anyway, I fill out the paperwork, read the brochure, and head for the guy who screens you. I see these little needle-like things and think he's going to "get it started" before I get to lounge in the chair and get my free cookies and Gatorade. Nope. He's going to check my iron. No biggie. Except he pricked my finger and squeezed and squeezed and squeezed. Done? Nope, again. He wipes it off!!!!!! Couldn't he have used it? No again! He repeats this THREE times. Puts it in a machine and then tells me I've failed.

I'm sorry. What? How do you FAIL a test like that? Evidently I was 11.7 and you have to be 12.5 to donate blood. Again, WHAT? I slink over to the snack center just to be seen by the kids so they know I didn't chicken out and SCORE! They offer me double cookies!

I didn't get a shirt. It would have been my first.

I'm a charitable failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment