Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Things You Should NEVER Say to Your Teen Daughter

Now you'll see why I'm surprised "they" let me have a kid.



10. (Driving in car to school) Is that a zit on your chin? Here's some cream for it.

9. (In reference to a smart boy) But he's so...sweet and he has such a bright future.

8. (Noticing newly tight jeans) Have you not been doing workouts in softball lately? Or are you sure you want to supersize that meal?

7. (In front of her friends) Did you brush your teeth this morning? Or did you take your meds last night?

6. (Across a crowded Target) Honey, what size cup are you now?

5. Who needs a boyfriend? They just suck up all your studying time.

4. Why do I have to wear a bra just to drop you off at the movies?

3. Just think, 50% did WORSE than you!

2. (In front of daughter to one of her friends...preferably a boy) Hey, are you the one I read about on Facebook last night?

And the #1 thing you should NEVER say to your Teen Daughter is...

1. Wow. You look so much like I did at your age. I bet you're going to look just like me when you're older!

3 comments:

  1. Too funny Monica!! great post!

    I have to tell you Kit did not get this at first... he's a guy after all, but then once I explained it to him in simple one syllable words, he was like.."No she did not say that to N did she? no really? there is no way.." with each different one he got more and more disturbed... I was just sitting back laughing my butt off and saying.. "yep.. that's about right."

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha! I'm sure she's super excited about this post too :) And I can see her horrified look at the mention of facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! You shared the first few with me as we were multitasking in good 'ol G201, but it was awesome to read the final few!!! And the worst part... I can TOTALLY see you saying every one of those. Where are those filters when you need them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete