Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's a Miracle I Have a Kid!

This is how I spend many of my weekends...at endless debate tournaments...with caffeinated kids whose vocabularies are bigger than mine...and that's saying something.

Here's what a typical conversation might go.

Student: Hey, Mrs. S. What's the veil of ignorance.
Me: blank expression, wracking brain for some answer that has a semblance of truth, coming up empty
Student 2: It's impossible to achieve in that it assumes all bias is removed which cannot be done.
Me: Yeah, that's what I meant.
Student: Skeptical look
Student 2: Furthermore, most countries who belong to the ICC cannot claim to have a veil of ignorance.
Me: The what CC?

Yep. Not pretty. So my dear asst. coach and I look like this by the end of the first night. Yep, she's a lot younger. Me? I barely made it home by midnight that night and returned at the crack of dawn.

After spending all those hours with kids, it's a miracle I ever had one of my own...or that I was allowed to. But that's another post.

1 comment: