Tuesday, February 17, 2009

V-Day...and then it's just downhill

Well, who was my valentine? Try 16 teenagers at a debate tournament ALL weekend. Darn those kids. They kept winning. And they didn't have enough judges so I had to judge EVERY round...including one round of CX. I hate CX! I'd rather poke pens in my eyes. I thought about doing that because then I couldn't write out the ballot so I wouldn't have to judge, but they said they were so short of judges I'd have to judge anyway.

I took Pumpkin with me as punishment for being on her phone too late one night. That'll teach her...NOT! But she got to throw her softball around with the driver who is an ump. She spent the whole day texting a SENIOR...and I don't mean citizen. Those are NOT allowed in my house. I mean, she's not even 16!

And then by the time I got home my dear Honey had planned a nice steak dinner...at a restaurant with a 2.5 hour wait. Um, no thank you.

We finally end up at our fave burger joint where the food is AMAZING and the fries really are made from fresh-cut potatoes. I was in heaven.

My gift? A Starbuck giftcard so I could treat myself tucked neatly into a great card. OK, things look pretty good.

And then I wake up Monday and my head feels like a bowling ball the day after a pro tournament. Every joint in my body hurts. My HAIR hurts. But I must educate!

To top it off, I have duty this week and as I'm sitting in the cold hall shivering from what must have been a fever, one of the district people for whom I was going to do my dream job next year walks up and tells me to take a breath. Uh oh. This can't be good. So, she's resigning. Now, I won't get into the why or how, but I'll tell you that now my dream is on hold until "they" decide what "they" want to do.

And Nikki still likes that senior boy.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to run him off? I'm all ears!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you feel like poo, but glad you had some bright spots in your weekend!

    As for running off the senior, I would review your post on things to never say to your teenage daughter...I think there were some good ones to say in front of him. ;)

    ReplyDelete